Image above: Fantastic bits and pieces about our amazing world on the Matador Network. Potentially a great resource for the geography classroom wanting to know without going - cheap fieldtrips!!
Related links to Spatialworlds
Australian Geography Teachers' Association website
Where am I??
Adelaide, Australia: S: 34º 55' E: 138º 36'
Matador Network is worth a look
* 57 interesting maps
* A 3 minutes video on maps to amaze
* 36 maps to make to see the world a new way
* 20 maps to change your view of the world
* 4 awesome maps
* Aerial photograph art
* 75 unbelievable colourful places
* 46 shots of amazing famous places
* 45 abandoned places
* Iconic places to visit before ...
* 22 Google Streetview images
* Tipping around the world
* World heritage sites meet Google Streetview
* Map of Hipster density
* Google fieldtrips
* Google Earth helps to find home after 25 years
* Geography teachers trekking the planet
* 13 population density maps with a difference
* Matt Harding (dancing Matt) talking seriously about his travels
* African challengers
The Matador Network is certainly a 'mixed bag' of potential resources for the geography classroom. As they say on the site; connect, publish and plan - why not get your students to do just that as they explore the world. In fact, let them connect via the Matador Community and meet passionate travelers, writers, photographers, and adventurers from around the world.